PeepSo is a super-light and free social networking plugin for WordPress that allows you to quickly and effortlessly add a social network or an online community right inside your WordPress site. PeepSo is highly efficient and user-friendly, similar to Facebook in terms of easy use – but with better productivity. Social network for WordPress – in just a few clicks!
Why would you want to send your users to a Facebook group where they can be targeted by ads from your competition? Why send your users away from your own site? It is hard enough to get quality traffic to your website. With your own community people will keep coming back. Get them to visit your site once, and they will return for other people they met within your own community, as well as for practical features of your website that keep them engaged.
From Our YouTube Channel
PeepSo Feature Highlight: PRIVACY & Everything related to it
The plugin supports the addition of a social networking plugin in the main area of your WordPress site. Widgets that display users’ photos, videos and friends are also available on installation and can be placed on any widget position inside your theme, or directly inside PeepSo itself.
Our primary goal in development of this social networking plugin for WordPress is to provide those who want to create a community with WordPress a superior alternative to the existing solutions, with a modern and intuitive look and feel, lots of great features and scalability.
What sets PeepSo apart from other social networking solutions is its lightness, practicality and stellar design. PeepSo works right out of the box and within seconds, enabling you to start a full social network inside your WordPress site. There’s no need to hire a developer, mess with code, or hack another plugin to make it look and work the way you want it. It simply works.
Some of the features that PeepSo offers are:
- Frontend user profiles with avatars and cover images
- Frontend user registration
- Frontend user login
- Frontend user listing with search and filtering
- User profiles
- User Hover cards
- User can create their own posts
- Followers system – users can follow each other
- Unique Views counter on user posts
- Custom Reactions on user posts
- Scheduled Posts that are published at specified time and date
- Customizable Profile Fields with multiple/single select, date, text, country, social and more…
- Blog Posts integration with comments and reactions
- Activity Stream of the entire community
- Activity Stream filtering by: all community posts, following, saved posts, scheduled posts
- Activity Stream for user profiles
- Activity Stream filtering for showing / hiding own posts
- Activity Stream sorting posts by latest posts or recently commented posts
- Users can post poll questions for others to vote on
- Users can save posts, use that feature as Favorite list
- Search in Activity Stream Posts
- Users can share their status updates with different privacy settings
- Real time onsite user notifications
- User email notifications
- Email Digest notification system
- Notification previews
- Dedicated user roles
- External links redirect warning
- Markdown support in Posts, Comments and user Profile Fields
- Built-in security including brute force protection
- Nested Comments under user posts within your community
- Built-in wordfilter – censor any kind of unwanted language from posts, comments and chat
- Pinned Posts – these are great for making announcements
- Built-in GIPHY integration. Users can use gifs in posts, comments and chat
- Assign custom badges to users based on your preference, LearnDash integration or membership level (PMP Integration)
- Post and Comment edit history indication
- PeepSo Profile widget with real time notifications
- PeepSo Online Members widget showing who’s online
- PeepSo Latest Members widget showing latest members
- PeepSo Hashtags widget showing tag cloud of the most used hashtags in posts throughout the entire community
- PeepSo UserBar Widget showing user navigation and notifications anywhere on your site
- Coherent configuration
- Dashboard with an Overview of your Community
- RTL support
- Built-in community SEO & OG configuration
- Ability to share user profiles on other networks like: Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Ability to share user posts on other networks like: Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Built-in GDPR Compliance Settings
- Easy assets, css, template overrides
- Location for Posts and profiles
- Tagging users in posts and comments
- Moods for posts
- And many, many more…
Read all about PeepSo features here: PeepSo.com
On top of all the previously mentioned features you’ll also get:
- Stability – it is rock solid! You can sleep well and not worry about anything.
- Upgrades will never break anything on your site.
- Works out of the box – 1st time. Everytime. Period.
- Lots of Features – and PeepSo is free. Forever.
- Always ahead of the curve. We’re ready to support latest WP, PHP, MySQL and more.
- Fanatical Support – Yes. We proudly and dilligently support our plugins. No, you don’t have to pay for support. It’s included.
PeepSo is totally free. Install it and see how it works! PeepSo has a range of extensions that allow you to fully empower Your Community.
— Paid plugins for PeepSo —
You can get PeepSo premium plugins with one of our bundles. Our bundles are tailored to fit every community and make it shine.
PeepSo Basic Bundle • THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURES
- Chat – Live chat and messages between two or more users.
- Friends – Friend connections and “friends” privacy level on posts. Automatically create friend connections.
- Groups – Open, closed and secret groups as well as announcement (read only) groups.
- Photos – Upload photos and create photo albums.
- Audio & Video – Upload Video and Audio files or share links from supported providers. Live stream videos from YouTube and other supported providers.
- PeepSo Theme: Gecko – Create an amazing-looking community effortlessly. Our theme is included in every single bundle we have on offer. If you want to use PeepSo plugins with any other theme, feel free to do so! Gecko Theme is not required to run PeepSo plugins.
- Find out more about your options here.
PeepSo Ultimate Bundle • TAKE YOUR COMMUNITY TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL
- Everything you’d get in PeepSo Basic Bundle and much more
- Email Digest – Keep bringing users back with automated newsletter that contains summary of the most relevant content from your community.
- User Limits – Decide which users have access to which features, based on their User Role or profile completeness.
- BadgeOS – Gamification system for community engagement – reward your users with points and achievements.
- myCRED – Points for community engagement – reward your users with points within myCRED.
- Social Login & Invitations – Social login options for users, plus a social invitations system for other people to join.
- LearnDash – Monetize Your Community with online courses.
- Advanced Ads – Targeted ads based on user profiles, group membership, roles and more.
- WPAdverts – Monetize your community with classified ads.
- Paid Memberships Pro – Paid memberships for exclusive community experience.
- WooCommerce, Dokan and Product Vendors – Create a community behind your brand and get social proof. Includes integration with WooCommerce Product Vendors and Dokan.
- Easy Digital Downloads – Monetizing your community with digital goods has never been easier.
- WP Events Manager – Let your community create, attend and manage events.
- Mobile App with MobiLoud – A great solution to create a mobile app for your community.
- Early Access – Ultimate Bundle subscribers get access to features sooner than anyone else.
- Find out more about your options here.
We offer translations for PeepSo that are maintained by volunteers, and depending on necessity they are checked and/or completed by professional translators. Translations are shipped with plugins and work out of the box for a number of languages. If you find your language is missing, you can contact us.
Currently supported languages:
* français (French)
* Nederlands (Dutch)
* Deutsch (German)
* español (Spanish)
* српски (Serbian)
* português (Portuguese)
* svenska (Swedish)
* 汉语 (Chinese Simplified)
* italiano (Italian)
* 日本語 (Japanese)
* فارسی (Persian – Farsi)
* And others will come soon too.
Try the demo
If you want to see how social networking on WordPress looks live, you can visit our demo site. You will be able to log in as a real user (username: demo, password: demo) and take PeepSo for a test drive. The demo includes most of the premium plugins so you’ll be able to see them in action. Some like Email Digest, however, cannot conform to demo environment.
Or you can simply join our own Community and see how everything works in a real life environment.
PeepSo automatically generates pages for you with shortcodes to allow you to start fast.
Here is the list of pages and shortcodes available. Use the shortcodes to display the content in case you’ve deleted the automatically generated page.
- User Profile – [peepso_profile]
- Recent Activity – [peepso_activity]
- Members – [peepso_members]
- Password Recovery – [peepso_recover]
- Password Reset – [peepso_reset]
- Site Registration- [peepso_register]
- External Link Warning – [peepso_external_link_warning]
To get a social network on your WordPress site up and running, follow these steps:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Choose “Plugins”.
- Click “Add new”.
- Search for “PeepSo”.
- Click “Install”.
- Go to “Appearance -> Menus”
- Select the menu you’d like to link to your social network.
- Add the page “Recent Activity” to that menu
Your new social network will now be displayed on your site.
Check out our GitLab repository of our PeepSo Hello World Plugin. It’s a great starting point for your own PeepSo plugins. It showcases how things connect and comes with well documented code.
PeepSo Theme: Gecko
The same team that created PeepSo and its plugins had also created the theme: Gecko.
Relying on third party themes pushes everything out of our hands; no control over the actual display – not entirely anyway. So a proof of concept was created, and we’ve received amazing feedback from the community. With Gecko we have close to limitless possibilities to showcase PeepSo and its plugins in the most stunning way. You can get the theme here: PeepSo Theme: Gecko. Gecko Theme is included in every single one of our bundles.
More plugins are currently being developed to extend PeepSo’s functionality. To get your desired plugin, see our PeepSo Pricing Page.
From your WordPress dashboard
- Visit “Plugins > Add New”
- Search for “PeepSo”
- Press “Install”
- Activate PeepSo from your Plugins page.
- Download PeepSo
- Navigate to the Admin area of your site.
- Go to Plugins > “Add New”.
- Select “Upload Plugin”.
- Select the ZIP installation file of PeepSo.
- Activate PeepSo from your Plugins page.
Is PeepSo GDPR Compliant?
PeepSo does have the options and configuration settings that will help you as a responsible site administrator to meet the obligations and rights enacted under the GDPR. Please note that the built-in configuration options for the GDPR cover only PeepSo plugins. Should you use any other 3rd party software that also needs to be GDPR compliant, it needs to be covered by its respective developers. PeepSo does NOT cover 3rd party solutions under its GDPR compliance features. As a responsible site administrator you yourself must ensure that any and all parts of your website are GDPR compliant, according to the law.
Can I use my existing theme?
We’ve tested PeepSo with dozens of major themes. But since there are thousands of themes for WordPress, it is hard for us to test with all of them. Well, virtually impossible. The theme we recommend is PeepSo Theme: Gecko – it’s a theme developed by the same team that makes PeepSo plugins and it can take your community to the next level. It is beyond anything 3rd party themes can offer with PeepSo. The theme is included for free in every single one of our bundles.
Having that said, you can check PeepSo with the 3rd party theme and if you find any problems, please report them and we’ll fix whatever PeepSo might be breaking. However, if 3rd party theme itself is interfering with PeepSo’s styles and overriding them in any way, there’s nothing we’d be able to do – we can fix only what we’ve made ourselves. You’d have to contact the theme developers to get it fixed.
Where do I find translations?
Translations are included within the plugin.
Is there documentation available for PeepSo?
Yes! You can find documentation on the use of PeepSo and its plugins at PeepSo Docs
How do I report a bug/problem and get technical support?
We encourage you to open a support ticket here: Contat Us. Our support operates Monday – Friday 9AM – 5PM (GMT+8). PeepSo Ultimate Bundle Subscribers* get access to 24/7 support coverage. We reply to the majority of requests in less than 24 hours, but although we do our best it can take us up to 48 hours to get back to you (72 hours if the request was made just before or during the weekend).
Contributors & Developers
“Community by PeepSo – Social Network, Membership, Registration, User Profiles” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Community by PeepSo – Social Network, Membership, Registration, User Profiles” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.